Ten Areas for Serious Personal and Professional Consideration and Reflection
Start by changing your mindset and your entire philosophy of work.
- Random wisdom to be taken very seriously:
- If you’re a communicator, talk about the media will get you nowhere. Every executive and manager, even first-line supervisors, think they are great communicators.
- You need more than communication or your present staff function. This is true even for lawyers. Most bosses think they are smarter than lawyers too.
- Read and study the Harvard Business Review. It is the most read business journal on the planet. There are many other good business journals, the more you review the better.
- Find out what your bosses read or view and read those too.
- Strive to be memorable, tell stories, seek to inspire and motivate those you work for. These are skills you can learn and they make you more valuable.
Author’s Note: Read The Trusted Strategic Advisor’s Manifesto – Parts 1 and 2 HERE, Parts 3, 4, and 5 HERE, Part 6 HERE, and Parts 7 and 8 HERE
By: James E. Lukaszewski, ABC, Fellow IABC, APR, Fellow PRSA, BEPS Emeritus, America’s Crisis Guru
Sign up for my monthly newsletter: Executive Action: Urgent Information for Leaders and their Trusted Strategic Advisors.
Follow me on Linkedin and Twitter