Best Selling Author
Important writings and inspiring speeches, teachings, articles, books and webinars from America’s Crisis Guru.
Discover the Power of Truth
The focus is always on simple, sensible, constructive, positive, useful and achievable advice.
What People Say
“… our heartfelt thanks for all you have done to meet what is certainly the biggest challenge we’ve faced in our business lives. We will keep you posted as our saga plays out; we are deeply appreciative for your wise counsel and unflagging energy.“President, International Public Relations Firm
Catch up on your reading
Read blog posts from the Decency Code blog.
- “How Can I Get Decency, Happiness, and Trust Started in my Organization, Family, Company, or Community?”Steve Harrison, my colleague and co-author of The Decency Code, The Leaders Path to Integrity and Trust (McGraw Hill © 2020), always immediately answered, “OBSESSION!!!” “BE THE ONE” or find the one who can eat, sleep, dream, advocate, irritate, motivate, and inspire decency, civility, honesty, truthfulness, trust, and finding happiness. Second Most Important Questions: Can … Continue reading ““How Can I Get Decency, Happiness, and Trust Started in my Organization, Family, Company, or Community?””
- Jim Lukaszewski – Snap Wisdom #4Compassionate but with Caution Ashamed Shocked Concerned Tragic Disappointed Unfortunate Embarrased Unhappy Failed Unintended Humiliated Unnecessary Mortified Unsatisfied Regrettable CAUTION: Be very careful how and whether you express empathy.Empathetic sentiments can cause negative reactions from victims. Beready for that. Do constructive, positive, helpful actions and deeds they will speaklouder than words. Remain quiet. Let someone … Continue reading “Jim Lukaszewski – Snap Wisdom #4”
- Some Dare Call It Reason. The US Supreme Court released it’s Impression of My Words. A code of conduct.Much of my nearly 40-year career in communications involved codes of conduct, compliance, and grievance procedure development. Some observations. SCOTUS, in fact, acts as many of my large corporate clients have over the years when in trouble. They believe that producing an overwhelming amount of data (5000+ words?) demonstrates the truth of any position and … Continue reading “Some Dare Call It Reason. The US Supreme Court released it’s Impression of My Words. A code of conduct.”
- Using Power Words and Phrases to WinAvoid defeat from Color Words and Threats Be Specific – Stop Your Wandering Generalities Power Words and Phrases have the magical ability to get or keep you out of trouble and to move you and others in positive, constructive directions. These words counteract and detoxify the sticky, corrosive, destructive power of negative words and concepts. … Continue reading “Using Power Words and Phrases to Win”
- The Challenge of Change
(Ugh, Not This Again?)* This Phrase is used in a high number of CEO letters and management reports every year. The truth? Bosses seem to love change, but when the subject is change, it scares the pants off of people. Time to wake up about the destruction caused by “change”. CEO’s listen up. Find another approach. Successors get … Continue reading “The Challenge of Change
(Ugh, Not This Again?)”
- Wisdom Sparks #1 – Critical Insights in a Few WordsLeaders in Crises are times for: · Discovering new leaders/leadership.· Uncovering incompetent and ineffective leaders.· Taking needless risks.· Exposing leadership misbehavior, and intentionally bad decisions.· Helping troubled leaders depart promptly. Are these scenarios in your readiness plans?