Jim Lukaszewski is an internationally recognized speaker on crisis management, employee communications, ethics, media relations, public affairs, reputation preservation and restoration, and leadership.
Best Selling Author
Important writings and inspiring speeches, teachings, articles, books and webinars from America’s Crisis Guru.
Discover the Power of Truth
The focus is always on simple, sensible, constructive, positive, useful and achievable advice.
What People Say
“… our heartfelt thanks for all you have done to meet what is certainly the biggest challenge we’ve faced in our business lives. We will keep you posted as our saga plays out; we are deeply appreciative for your wise counsel and unflagging energy.“President, International Public Relations Firm
Catch up on your reading
Read blog posts from the Decency Code blog.
- Wednesday’s Smart Shibboleth #11: Lukaszewski’s Crisis RealitiesWord count 249 ( One minute 30 seconds) Crisis Definition A people-stopping, show-stopping, product-stopping, Trust busting, reputationally redefining event that creates victims and/or explosive visibility. Grand Crisis Response Strategy Crisis Truisms See also:OUR MANIFESTO FOR COMMUNICATIONS SUCCESS LUKASZEWSKI’S CONTENTION SURVIVAL MANIFESTO – Keeping Yourself and the Things That Matter Under Control
- Jim’s Wisdom #40: Profiles In FailureBehavior Patterns That Precipitate and Perpetuate Trouble Sometimes the way to prevent organizations from embarrassment, humiliating visibility, enormous litigation, and just plain stupidity is to powerfully illustrate the behaviors and attitudes that lead to catastrophic reputational damage. I call this pattern “Profiles in Failure,” easily recognized behaviors and their predictable impact. If you seek trouble, … Continue reading “Jim’s Wisdom #40: Profiles In Failure”
- Wednesday’s Smart Shibboleth #10: The most toxic, reputation defining, career devastating, mistake in crisisWord Count: 461 (3 minutes READING TIME) One word: Silence. Grand Crisis Response Strategic Steps (The First Two Hours In Every Crisis): 1. Stop the production of victims. Continuous victim production is what drives media coverage, public interest, emotionalization, plus commentary and criticism from 1000 different sources. 2. Manage the victim dimension. This is what … Continue reading “Wednesday’s Smart Shibboleth #10: The most toxic, reputation defining, career devastating, mistake in crisis”
- Wednesday Smart Shibboleth#9: Lukaszewski’s Civility and Decency Manifesto: 39 Paths to DecencyWord Count: 320 (2 minutes 15 seconds) 39 Paths to Decency The true test of civility is a commitment to verbal, written communication, deeds, and actions that benefit a recipient more than the sender. Here are 39 possible paths that can get you to civility, decency, integrity, and trust. Always pick as many as you … Continue reading “Wednesday Smart Shibboleth#9: Lukaszewski’s Civility and Decency Manifesto: 39 Paths to Decency”
- Jim’s Wisdom #39: Communicate IntentionallyWord Count: 673 (4 minutes, 35 seconds) Over the years, I’ve developed, taught, coached, and advocated a very powerful and helpful communication philosophy. At the same time, this approach defines my ethical approach to life, to work and to trouble. I call these “intentions” because this is how I seek to operate my life, intentionally, … Continue reading “Jim’s Wisdom #39: Communicate Intentionally”
- Wednesday Smart Shibboleth #8: Lukaszewski’s Civility and Decency Manifesto: Stopping Incivility In Its TracksWord Count: 399 (2 minutes 42 seconds) 16 Ways to STOP Incivility Before or After It Starts The true test of civility is a commitment to verbal and written communication that are predominantly positive and declarative and behaviors that are simple, sensitive, sensible, constructive, positive, helpful, humble, empathetic, and always benefit the recipient more than … Continue reading “Wednesday Smart Shibboleth #8: Lukaszewski’s Civility and Decency Manifesto: Stopping Incivility In Its Tracks”