Best Selling Author
Important writings and inspiring speeches, teachings, articles, books and webinars from America’s Crisis Guru.
Discover the Power of Truth
The focus is always on simple, sensible, constructive, positive, useful and achievable advice.
What People Say
“… our heartfelt thanks for all you have done to meet what is certainly the biggest challenge we’ve faced in our business lives. We will keep you posted as our saga plays out; we are deeply appreciative for your wise counsel and unflagging energy.“President, International Public Relations Firm
Catch up on your reading
Read blog posts from the Decency Code blog.
- “What Makes a Fellow, a Fellow?”An Extraordinary Footprint. The Most Important Personal Honor in American Public Relations Spring is the time of year when many of our PRSA senior colleagues are nominated or nominate themselves for election to the PRSA College of Fellows. As I begin my 31st year as a Fellow ‘93, it’s interesting to reflect on the experiences … Continue reading ““What Makes a Fellow, a Fellow?””
- Action Required This Day -2024 New Year’s Resolution #3How to Have a Happier LifeUse Barbara’s 5 Daily Happiness Habits PlusThe Platinum Rule This essay attempts to answer what is probably the most frequently asked question for Barbara and I through much of our married life: “How did you work together and yet maintain and project such devotion, love, and happiness for so many … Continue reading “Action Required This Day -2024 New Year’s Resolution #3”
- We Will Get The Democracy We DeserveOne clear fact at the moment is that there will be one national election on November 5, 2024. Whatever the outcome we will get and live with what we deserve. Another fact is that the outcome is likely to be one of only two possibilities. Each of these possibilities can be recognized by the language … Continue reading “We Will Get The Democracy We Deserve”
- Happiness is Quite ContagiousThe most frequent question I get asked when I talk about Civility and Happiness is, “How do you get this started? What’s the first step?” My answer is simple, direct, and prompt: Get Your Tissues OutA Very Special Christmas One of my favorite stories about happiness came to me from someone in an audience who … Continue reading “Happiness is Quite Contagious”
- The Ethical and Practical Principles That Guide Jim’s Practice – 2024 Version
- Profiles in Jell-O®:Cowardly, Crooked, Confused, Credibility-Busting, Obviously False Communication Ever notice those defensive, dumb, demeaning phrases that creep or blast into or, heaven forbid, dominate a communications strategy? What you are seeing is living proof that the organization or its leadership is showing its profile in Jell-O®. Everyone else notices, too. These phrases lay the groundwork for … Continue reading “Profiles in Jell-O®:”